I love mashed sweet potatoes. I love making them. I love eating them, but last night when I made my normal recipe I changed it up a bit. Oh man! The title does not lie. These are the Best Ever Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey EVER! Perfect for a Thanksgiving Holiday side dish. Cinnamon, Honey & Sweet Potatoes … with a secret ingredient. Yum!
The difference was that I replaced milk with greek yogurt. It went from mashed sweet potatoes to creamed and added such a depth to the flavor. SO GOOD!
I was so excited that I wanted to tell all my friends the recipe. You can also find it on 10 Clean Thanksgiving Meal Ideas on 21 Days to a Better You.
- 6 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup honey (to taste)
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt
- .5 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- dash nutmeg
- 1. Cut and boil sweet potatoes (No need to peel them.) 15 minutes or until soft.
- 2. Drain the potatoes and place in a large serving bowl.
- 3. Add honey, yogurt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4. Manually mash with the blender until chunky.
- 5. Blend on medium until creamy.
- If you want an added dimension, I think it is delicious to puree an orange and add it to the mixture.
- Adding milk or water makes it runny.